AntiVir VDF update (so called multiple VDF update with up to 32 files)
Please use this AntiVir VDF update, if you are using one of the following Avira products:
- Avira AntiVir Personal, Premium and Premium Security Suite from version 9
- Avira AntiVir Professional (Windows) from version 9
- Avira AntiVir Server (Windows) from version 9
- Avira AntiVir SharePoint from version 3
- Avira AntiVir ISA Server from version 3
AntiVir iVDF update (so called container VDF update with 4 files)
Please use this AntiVir VDF update, if you are using one of the following products:
- Avira AntiVir Personal, Premium and Premium Security Suite version 8
- Avira AntiVir Professional (Windows) version 8
- Avira AntiVir Server (Windows) up to version 8
- Avira AntiVir SharePoint up to version 2
- Avira AntiVir ISA Server up to version 2
- Avira AntiVir Exchange
- Avira AntiVir MIMEsweeper
- Avira AntiVir VSA for SAP
For all those who are using an older product which actually has a newer version, we recommend to make an update to the current version. You can download the installation files for free from our website under downloads.
Download iVDF (container VDF)
Beta-VDF and Beta-Engine
All Avira virus definition files (VDFs) and the Avira search engine are thoroughly tested before they are made available on the download servers. This test period does of course broaden the time span between putting new detection patterns into the VDF or new exploits into the engine and their publication.
However, there might be certain scenarios in which it is primarily important to get the most recent VDFs and engine versions as early as possible. For such cases Avira provides untested, so called Beta-VDFs and Beta-Engine versions for downloading.
There is no beta engine available at the moment.
Beta VDF and Beta-Engine are untested preliminary versions. In particular they are not optimized for the recognition of false-positives. You use those beta versions at your own risk. Avira does assume no liability for any damage which results from the use of these beta versions.